Sq. Ft. Main
Sq. Ft. Lot
Fabulous Bushrod home with everything a homeowner could want
Originally built in the early 1900’s, this now completely re-imagined and fully renovated Bushrod masterpiece is essentially brand new. It’s a four bedroom three and one half bath home that was meticulously re-crafted by the renowned design/build team Next Level Architecture, and it checks all the boxes in beauty, practicality, and location. The lower level features a light filled entry that opens onto the majestic central stair. Everywhere throughout this home there are high ceilings, recessed LED lighting, and an abundance of natural light pouring in through custom made mahogany windows .
In the back of the lower level one finds the Next Level signature Great Room. The designer kitchen is spectacular with its combination of top-of-the-line appliances, custom wood work and modern custom cabinets all built by local artisan Ghambari Design. This open kitchen and large dining area benefit from the Next Level signature folding mahogany doors which open to a covered veranda. This provides the perfect transition to the optimal-sized garden beyond. With the doors opened, the outdoors becomes a perfect extension of the great room.
Upstairs you find the living quarters with three of the bedrooms and an office connected by an expansive family space. The first of the two master suites is capacious with a lovely bay window. The splendidly detailed master bath has high end finishes, a dramatic soaking tub, and a walk in shower. The second master, or guest suite, is found on the lower level, and is also generously sized. It too has a well appointed bath. There are, additionally, two more bedrooms upstairs that share a stylish bath, and an office that opens to a deck.
699 61st is in the perfect Bushrod location, one block from the Bushrod park and close to the trendy Temescal eateries and fine restaurants. And with Ashby BART just an eight minute stroll away, this home epitomizes East Bay living at its best.
Self-Guided 3D Tour
Property Feature List
- 2,579 square feet of living space
- 4 bedrooms including 2 master suites
- 124 square feet of indoor/outdoor veranda space
- 243 square foot garage
- 4,160 square foot lot
- Originally built in 1906
- Altered floor plan, lifting the house and expanding the original basement into a main level living space, creating a new open floor plan great room, master suite, laundry room etc. and upper level bedrooms, office and additional living space.
- New foundation with radiant heat 2 zone heating
- Approx 4 year old roof
- Some new gutters and new 3” round downspouts
- New DuChateau oak engineered flooring
- Upper master suite with large walk-in closet and luxe ensuite bathroom
- One car interior access garage with additional off-street parking
- Wireless smart SimpliSafe home security system
- New drop stair to attic
- Lo VOC interior paint
- All new drywall and molding throughout
- New eco green insulation in walls and ceiling
- Pull down ladder to large attic storage space
- New skylight in upper level family room
- Mostly new exterior siding and Wester Cedar paneling at front porch
- New seismic retrofit work including bolting and sheer panel. See building permits for more information.
Key Kitchen Features
- Jenn-Air suite of appliances including 36” French door refrigerator, dishwasher, 36” Pro-Style gas convection range and 42” ProLine 2000 CFM range hood
- Brushed chrome high arch coiled gooseneck Touch less kitchen faucet
- Under mount single bowl extra large stainless steel sink
- Garbage disposal
- Ghanbari Design custom cabinets with Blum soft close hardware
- New ultracompact Quartz counter and designer tile backsplash
- New solid Hemlock accordion “Nana style” door to garden
- Brushed chrome pot filler
- Large custom china and storage cabinet
- Three full bathrooms and one powder room
- Custom built-in 48” ultracompact Quartz trough vanity in master with indirect under counter lighting
- Built in specialty tub in master
- Tile shower with glass surround in master
- New ceramic floor and wall tile and custom ultracompact Quartz built-in sink and counters in all full baths
- New plumbing fixtures including Rain Shower Systems
- High efficiency one piece toilets