Sq. Ft. Lot
Victorian Splendor in Rockridge
5243 Locksley Avenue is the picture of elegance, a flawlessly remodeled Victorian situated on one of Rockridge’s most sought after tree-lined streets. Originally built in 1905, this two plus bed, two bath home has been modernized with careful attention to its special period detailing that is becoming increasingly rare.
Entering up the wide front stairs into the semi-formal entry with built-in seating and shoe storage, the immense amount of natural light is immediately evident. Off the entry is a full bath which is stylishly updated and shared by a generously sized bedroom. Tall ceilings, stained glass accents and bay windows allow the entire living space to flood with sun throughout the day, pleasantly accentuating the beautiful hardwood floors and crisp white molding that envelope the rooms throughout. The airy living space is open to the dining room, with a decorative period fireplace, more great bay windows, and a modern chandelier.
Just beyond is the sleek and impressive kitchen, featuring zinc and wood countertops, a large island with bar seating, and stainless steel appliances. With plenty of room for eat-in seating, a wonderful large, stone fireplace and French doors that open up to a bright deck, the kitchen could not be more inviting.
At the back of the home is the master suite, perfectly outfitted with a walk-in closet featuring built-in custom cabinetry, and a newly remodeled chic ensuite bath with walnut double vanity and marble countertops. A bonus room with access to the deck completes the master retreat and would be perfect for office space, or a cozy nursery.
The expansive basement contains the laundry, a workshop, and is great for additional storage or a future renovation project. The private deck, stone patio, fully fenced lawn area and off-street car parking make this home a dream.
A picturesque example of a modernized Victorian, this home is close to the popular shops of Rockridge, some of the East Bay’s best restaurants, BART, and excellent schools. Close to all conveniences and overflowing with sunlight and sophistication, this is a home not to miss.
Self-Guided 3D Tour
Property Feature List
- 1,511 square feet of total living space
- 2+ bedrooms and 2 baths
- Full basement the length and width of the house
- 3,500 square foot lot
- Originally built in 1905
- Victorian style home with updated systems, tall ceilings, bay windows and elegant finishes throughout
- New interior paint (2020)
- Period molding throughout
- Decorative period fireplace with updated tile threshold
- Full bathroom off entry
- Built-in seating and storage off entry
- Bay windows in living and dining room
- Full basement with separate side entrance for workshop, laundry or future design/build projects
Key Kitchen Features
- Fully updated eat-in kitchen with dark cabinetry, multi surface countertops and custom tile flooring
- French doors with transom window out to the deck
- Whirlpool stainless steel French door refrigerator
- Garland stainless steel gas range
- Whirlpool stainless steel dishwasher
- Custom multi height island and bar seating
- Stylish open shelving
- Wood burning fireplace in kitchen with wood accent
- Pull-down stair to attic
Key Bathroom Features
- Master bedroom with en-suite bath and walk-in closet featuring custom cabinetry and designer lighting
- Bonus “plus” room off of master
- Master en-suite: hexagon floor tile, walnut dual vanity with marble countertop, shower-over-tub (completed in 2020)
- Front bath with glass shower and vintage accent lighting and custom wood counters
- Stained glass transom window in front bath
Key Plumbing Features
- Certified sewer lateral
Garden and Parking
- New lawn with fenced rear yard
- Flagstone patio area
- Driveway parking for one car