Sq. Ft. Lot
Light and Bright Top Floor Condo
Light and bright, this top floor remastered vintage condo infuses old world charm with modern conveniences, ideally located in Oakland’s desirable Bushrod neighborhood. With two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a dapper bonus room, 650 54th St has been thoughtfully updated while maintaining its elegant design.
Upon entry, the smart foyer welcomes you and ushers you up the grand staircase embellished with period details. On the main level the central hallway with lovely barrel sky high ceiling and period wainscotting provide breathing space. The inviting dining room anchors the public spaces with an abundance of natural light and a gorgeous original box beam ceiling. Perfect for entertaining, this space flows directly to the fantastic open floor plan kitchen. Recently renovated, the kitchen features Quartz countertops, new appliances, and chic Rejuvenation pendant lights. Bringing even more light into the space is the fully enclosed sunroom. Here you will find ample room for a home office space and the sunny laundry area. To the front of the home is the cozy living room, featuring a large bay window and gas fireplace, this room can easily cater to both a quiet movie night in or a lively cocktail party.
The primary bedroom can be found kitty-corner to the living room. With a corresponding bay window, the room is equally light filled and features a large built-in closet and stylish tiered lighting. Down the hall is the bonus room, ideal as an office or studio, this broody space is perfect for reflection. The second bedroom with stunning original leaded glass windows is flanked by both bathrooms. The modern design bathroom off the kitchen is newer, having been converted from an alcove to a new bath in 2020. It features a glass sliding shower door, heated floors, new window, West Elm light fixture, and vanity sink. The second hall bathroom also has undergone a 2022 transformation with new fixtures, floor tile, clawfoot bathtub, wainscotting, and vanity sink.
To top it all off, the one car garage and its off-street parking space are exclusive use for this home and the shared garden with its majestic old Redwood create an incredible wooded escape in this bustling urban environment.
Centrally positioned in the Bushrod neighborhood, the home is for those who like to be close to everything. The adorable Bushrod Park and Dover Park can be found close by as are the trendy shops and restaurants of the Temescal and Rockridge shopping districts. Even the new Whole Foods is just minutes away. Nearby a multitude of BART stations makes commuting to SF a breeze and the freeway on-ramp makes the entire Bay accessible.
Self-Guided 3D Tour
Property Feature List
Key Features and Improvements
• 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
• 1,286 square feet of living space
• 125 +/- square foot sunroom
• Built in 1910
• Charming top floor vintage condominium
• Two unit building with low fee HOA
• Separate entrance with foyer
• Bonus room for an office or studio
• Fireplace with gas insert
• Beautiful newly refinished and dark stained wood floors (2022)
• Large bay windows in living room and primary bedroom
• Original leaded windows in second bedroom
• Original bell crank lever for front door
• New paint throughout
• New floor in laundry room
Key Kitchen Features
• Full open plan kitchen renovation (2017)
• New hardware on kitchen cabinets (2022)
• Moen Single Handle Touchless Kitchen Faucet with MotionSensor (2017)
• GE french door refrigerator (2017)
• Samsung range (2017)
• New Rejuvenation pendant lights over peninsula(2022)
• Quartz countertops
Key Bathroom Features
• Bathroom off kitchen is new, converted from kitchen alcove in 2020. Glass sliding shower door, heated floor, new window, West Elm light fixture, and vanity sink.
• Hall bathroom updated with new fixtures and floor in 2022. Includes clawfoot bathtub, wainscotting, and vanity sink.
Key Electrical Features
• Majority new lighting fixtures (2022)
• Nest thermostat with forced air heating
• New electrical subpanel (2017)
• New electrical in kitchen (2017)
Key Plumbing Features
• Certified sewer lateral
• Washer/dryer in sunporch
• New copper supply and steel drain plumbing in kitchen (2017)
• On demand water heater (2017)
Parking and Garden
• Exclusive use garage and driveway
• Large shared garden
4/23 + 4/24